Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to adjust our operations and are taking the necessary steps to ensure safe care for all patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
As Macon County continues to see a rapid increase in cases of COVID-19, we should all be diligent in our efforts to protect our patients and fellow workers from the spread of this virus. It is in the best interest of our patients and our staff to follow the procedures regarding visitors and masking as follows:
- No visitors will be allowed except for those accompanying minors or end of life situations. (Caregivers are not considered visitors but must follow the screening and PPE protocols.) Employees are not considered visitors as they are screened every day and have been trained on the proper use of PPE. Exceptions for other visitors can be made by the charge nurses in limited circumstances.
- All individuals entering the facility will be screened for temperature and symptoms and must wear a mask for the duration of their visit.
- All patients being admitted for an inpatient, observation or swing bed stay will be tested and results received for COVID-19 prior to being placed in a semi-private room with another patient. If the patient is being placed in a private room, they can be placed in the room prior to receiving results but must be treated as COVID-19 positive along with proper PPE usage until the PCR results are received.
- NO ONE should enter the room of a COVID-19 positive patient without donning proper PPE.
- Per CDC guidelines, cloth masks are no longer acceptable in healthcare settings.
Thank you in advance for your reviewing this change. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the implementation or following of these procedures. These procedures apply regardless of vaccination status.
The CDC’s new masking guidance for fully vaccinated people does not apply to healthcare settings. We are continuing to wear masks out of an abundance of caution and to protect our patients and each other. ALL visitors are required to wear a mask at all times.