The leadership team and board of trustees of Macon County General Hospital have announced a new name for the hospital, “Macon Community Hospital,” as of May 1, 2018. A new brand and logo will be introduced at the same time to reflect the improvements in healthcare that are taking place at the hospital.
“Our entire team of healthcare professionals is excited about the improvements being made in medical care, diagnostics and emergency services. Our mission is to continually improve services to meet the healthcare needs of our community. So, we wanted our name and logo to match our mission. Serving the community is central to who we are as a hospital and now it is central in our very name and logo,” said Thomas Kidd, CEO of Macon Community Hospital.
“Simultaneously, our hospital is launching a new awareness campaign called “It’s A New Day for Healthcare” in order for more people in the community to be aware of the great services, equipment, providers and healthcare the hospital now offers. We’ll be sharing news about the expanded services as well as stories from patients who have experienced first-hand the great care that happens every day here from nurses and physicians you know and trust.” Kidd said.
During the past several years, the hospital has expanded its services to meet the growing healthcare needs of the community. With advanced services like MRI and CT equipment, patients no longer have to drive out of town for these critical diagnostic services.
Additionally, the hospital recently announced an expansion of its state-of-the-art laboratory services, which is currently in progress. When complete, the new lab will offer upgraded processing equipment that will handle as many as 1,000 samples per month, making turnaround time for tests much sooner for patients and their physicians.
“We are also very pleased that a new emergency services department is being constructed on the west side of the current facility, which will offer more room for patients and shorter wait times. The ER will be adjacent to a new entrance to the hospital making access to the hospital much easier with additional new parking.” said Kidd.
With the expansion of the hospital ER, other improvements will include:
- Every patient will be able to have a private room vs beds with curtains separating them
- A new entrance with a separate waiting area vs an entrance that was the old back door to the hospital
- Ambulances will have a separate entrance and will not be bringing patients through the outpatient area of the hospital
- There will be a room for physicians and staff to meet with the patient and/or family in private instead of in the outpatient hall or the waiting room
- The new facility will have 2 large trauma/cardiac rooms, an OB room, an isolation room, 4 private exam rooms and a holding room for mental health patients (currently have 1 small trauma/cardiac room, 5 semi-private exam rooms and no holding room for mental health patients)
The community can learn more about the expansion of services by visiting www.mcgh.net for regular hospital updates.
Macon Community Hospital is a member of the American Hospital Association and the Tennessee Hospital Association and is accredited by DNV Healthcare, Inc.
Stacey Brawner, Macon Community Hospital